Omaru Bay Retreat
Sleeps (max) 6 people in 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms
Location: Omaru Bay, the Southern end of Waiheke Island
- Private 60-acre estate and bay with sensational views
- Great fishing, vineyards and relaxation
- Able to accommodate larger groups if rented in conjunction with The Farmhouse
Omaru Bay Farm is a private, 60 acre estate on fabulous Waiheke Island. With its olive grove, fruit trees, gardens and two beaches at the end of the garden, it is the perfect place for a family reunion or just the ultimate escape.
The property has two main residences which can be rented together or separately; The Farmhouse and The Retreat. The properties are sufficiently removed from one another to guarantee privacy if rented separately.
‘The Retreat’ with its three bedrooms (two bathrooms), sun room, kitchen/ dining room, lounge and outdoor decks is a beautiful home away from home. Its eclectic mix of European and local furniture, complemented by antique botanical prints and yachting memorabilia adds a dash of style to the mix.
Both homes have well-equipped kitchens as well as outdoor barbecues. Meals can be taken around the family sized communal tables or alternatively out on the deck.
If it’s a relaxing, chore free time you are seeking, then three of the best vineyards on the Island are within easy reach: Passage Rock, Man O’ War and the renowned Poderi Crisci await your reservations.
The estate has two beaches, both tidal, fronting onto Omaru Bay, where summer brings warm water with safe swimming and water sports for young and old alike. The fishing in the channel between the property and Rotoroa Island is renowned for its catches of kingfish and snapper.
The views from both homes are simply stunning. There is nothing better than sitting out on the deck with a glass of finest Poderi Crisci wine in hand, some crayfish on the grill, chilling out as the sun goes down on the bay and the yachts lying at anchor in the distance off Rotoroa Island.
- This property can be rented separately or together with The Farmhouse for the ultimate family and friends get together or function. Giving you a total of 14 guests.
- 4 wheel drive car is needed for the drive.
- Omaru Bay is tidal, but you are able to swim at nearby Orapiu at low tide.
Special conditions: Enquire re. animals.
- Master – 1 x King bed
- 2nd Room – 2 x Single bed
- 3rd Bedroom – 1 x King bed
- Barbecue – Gas
- Bath tub
- Boat ramp
- Clothes dryer
- Easy access
- Heat pump – Aircon
- Internet (Broadband)
- Internet (WiFi)
- Mobile coverage – Spark*
- Mobile coverage – Vodafone*
- Special events venue
- Telephone (local calls)
*Mobile reception can be a little erratic in the house itself, but perfect coverage can be found within 10m
Off-peak $650/night. Peak $895/night
- Linen: $200 per stay (required)
- Cleaning: $200 per stay (required)
To book a stay at this property, please either call us on +64 (0)27 472 4125 or fill out the form below and we will respond pronto!